Application deadline: February 25, 2013
Are you looking for a way to get involved on campus but don’t have a lot of time? Do you want to gain a great leadership experience while making a positive impact at The University of Iowa? Apply to be an On Iowa! Leader!
Application Process: How do I apply?
It's as easy as 1...2...3...
- Complete our online application by February 25, 2013.
On Iowa! Leader Application
- Attend one Required Information Session (all sessions IMU Illinois Room)
Thurs, Feb. 21st at 3:30pm Thurs, Feb. 21st at 5:30pm
Mon, Feb. 25th at 5:30pm Mon, Feb. 25th at 7:00pm
New Session: Tues, Feb. 26th at 4:30pm
- Interview on Saturday, March 2
Applicants will sign up for a 3-hour group interview session during the Required Information Session. All new On Iowa! Leader interviews will be conducted on Saturday, March 2, 2013 between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the Pomerantz Center.
Benefits: What you will gain?
The On Iowa! Leader position is a unique volunteer experience that offers a rewarding opportunity for both personal and professional growth. On Iowa! Leaders will gain:
- Early registration for spring 2014
- $100 Hawk Dollars
- Early move-in to residence halls at no charge
- On Iowa! T-shirts and Messenger Bag
- Valuable leadership experience and enhanced leadership skills
- Commuter parking at no charge during the On Iowa! program
- Volunteer hours (We are registered with the 10,000 Hour Show)
What do On Iowa! Leaders do?
On Iowa! Leaders play a crucial role at The University of Iowa by:
- Helping the Class of 2017 feel welcomed and comfortable
- Serving as an upperclassmen mentor to approximately 25 first-year students
- Facilitating small group activities and guiding students through the On Iowa! program
- Assisting with residence hall move-in
- Showing our newest students why it’s great to be a Hawkeye!
Time Commitments: When do I need to be available?
On Iowa! Leaders will be required to attend two team meetings this spring and the only summer commitment is volunteering the week before classes start.
Spring Required On Iowa! Team Meetings
- Sunday, April 7 from 1pm-4pm
- Sunday, April 21 from 1pm-4pm
Summer Required On Iowa! Program
- Monday, August 19 – Sunday, August 25
- The On Iowa! schedule has not been set. Applicants must be available and prepared to work anytime between 8 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. during the week of On Iowa!
Qualifications: What does it take to be an On Iowa! Leader?
You’ll be selected on the basis of your application, interview, attendance of required applicant session, and ability to meet the qualifications below.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student for the fall 2013 semester
- Be in good academic (2.33 UI cumulative GPA) and judicial standing
- Be able to attend spring meetings, work residence hall move-in, and On Iowa! events
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have an ability to work with people of diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm and pride for The University of Iowa
- Positively represent The University of Iowa
Students who are not eligible to apply:
- Students studying abroad between August 18 and August 30, 2013
- Resident Assistants
- Iowa Edge Leaders
- Honor’s Student Staff
- Marching Band and Spirit Squad members
We encourage students who are applying for other leadership positions this spring to still apply.
Questions: Do you need additional information?
Please contact Nicole Sexton, On Iowa! Student Leader Coordinator, at email@example.com or 319-335-1497.