(Application opens January 2015)
Do you want to gain a great leadership experience while making a positive impact at The University of Iowa? Apply to be an On Iowa! 2015 Leader.
New Leader Application Process: How do I apply?
- Fill out the Leader Interest Survey
- Interview in Spring, 2015
Benefits: What will you gain?
The On Iowa! Leader position is a unique volunteer experience that offers a rewarding opportunity for both personal and professional growth. On Iowa! Leaders will gain:
- Early registration
- Early move-in to residence halls at no charge
- On Iowa! T-shirts
- Valuable leadership experience and enhanced leadership skills
- Opportunities to network with UI administrators, faculty, staff and other student leaders
- Volunteer hours (We are registered with the 10,000 Hour Show)
What do On Iowa! Leaders do?
On Iowa! Leaders play a crucial role at The University of Iowa by:
- Helping new University of Iowa students feel welcomed and comfortable
- Serving as a mentor to approximately 25 new UI students
- Facilitating small group activities and guiding students through the On Iowa! program
- Assisting with residence hall move-in
- Showing our newest students why it’s great to be a Hawkeye!
“My Leader put a lot of effort into making our On Iowa! experience the best it could be and he got me excited to get involved on campus!” – Class of 2016; First-Year Student
Time Commitments: When do I need to be available?
On Iowa! Leaders will be required to attend two team meetings in the spring and the only summer commitment is volunteering the week before classes start.
Spring 2015 Required All Team Meetings
Summer 2015 Required On Iowa! Program
Qualifications: What does it take to be an On Iowa! Leader?
You’ll be selected on the basis of your application, interview, attendance of required applicant session, and ability to meet the qualifications below.
- Plan to be enrolled as a full-time student for the fall 2015 semester
- Be in good academic (2.33 UI cumulative GPA) and judicial standing
- Be able to attend spring All Team Meetings
- Available for On Iowa!
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have an ability to work with people of diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm and pride for The University of Iowa
- Positively represent The University of Iowa
Students who are not eligible to apply:
- Resident Assistants
- Iowa Edge Leaders
- Honor’s Student Staff
- Marching Band and Spirit Squad members
We encourage students who are applying for other leadership positions this spring to still apply.
Questions: Do you need additional information?
Please contact us at email@example.com or 319-335-1497.
We are so excited to have you join our On Iowa! Team!