Do you want to gain a great leadership experience while making a positive impact at The University of Iowa? Apply to be a 2015 On Iowa! Leader.
New Leader Application Process: How do I apply?
- Fill out the Leader Application
- Apply between January 14, 2015 and February 11, 2015
- Attend One Info Session on:
- Wed, Feb. 04, 12:30p.m., Iowa Theater, IMU
- Thurs, Feb. 05, 5:30p.m., Iowa Theater, IMU
- Mon, Feb. 09, at 6:00p.m., Iowa Theater, IMU
- Wed, Feb. 11, at 3:00p.m., Iowa Theater, IMU
- Wed, Feb. 11, at 5:30p.m., LR2, VAN
- Attend On Iowa! Leader Interviews on Saturday, February 21, 2015 between 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the IMU
What will you gain?
The On Iowa! Leader position is a unique volunteer experience that offers a rewarding opportunity for both personal and professional growth. On Iowa! Leaders will gain:•
- Valuable leadership experience and enhanced leadership skills
- Opportunities to network with UI administrators, faculty, staff and other student leaders
- On Iowa! Swag
- Early registration
- Early move-in to residence halls at no charge
- Volunteer hours (We are registered with the 10,000 Hour Show)
What do On Iowa! Leaders do?
On Iowa! Leaders play a crucial role at The University of Iowa by:
- Helping new University of Iowa students feel welcomed and comfortable
- Aiding in the growth and support of peer leaders
- Serving as a mentor to approximately 25 new UI students
- Facilitating small group activities and guiding students through the On Iowa! program
- Assisting with residence hall move-in
- Showing our newest students why it’s great to be a Hawkeye!
“My Leader put a lot of effort into making our On Iowa! experience the best it could be and he got me excited to get involved on campus!” – Class of 2016; First-Year Student
“My Leader was great! He showed us all that we can do on campus and was understanding of our concerns!” – Class of 2018; First- Year Student
When do I need to be available?
On Iowa! Leaders will be required to attend two meetings in the spring, a welcome and closing event, as well as attending the program the week before classes start.
Spring 2015 Required All Team Meetings
- March 29, 2015
- April 19, 2015
Spring 2015 Welcome and Closing Events
- March 5, 2015
- April 30, 2015
Summer 2015 Required On Iowa! Program
- August 15, 2015- August 23, 2015
What does it take to be an On Iowa! Leader?
You’ll be selected on the basis of your application, interview, attendance of required applicant session, and ability to meet the qualifications below.
- Plan to be enrolled as a full-time student for the fall 2015 semester
- Be in good academic (2.33 UI cumulative GPA) and judicial standing
- Be able to attend both spring All Team Meetings
- Be available for the On Iowa! program
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have an ability to work with people of diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm and pride for The University of Iowa
- Positively represent The University of Iowa
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-335-1497.
We are so excited to have you join our On Iowa! Team!