Thank for your interest in volunteering during the 2015 On Iowa! program. Volunteers are an essential element in producing a successful program to welcome new students into our University community and family.
Ready to explore volunteer opportunities and register?
On Iowa! 2015 volunteer registration will open soon.
Keep an eye on this page for volunteer updates.
After you sign up you will receive a confirmation email about your specific volunteer assignment. In August, volunteers will receive an additional e-mail to confirm their volunteer roles and well as some specific instructions (i.e., where to report, what to bring). In addition, if you don’t have a gold volunteer t-shirt from last year, you will learn about where to pick one up.
- We can accommodate only individuals who have been confirmed to volunteer. We will not be able to accommodate volunteer family members, minors and pets.
- Please dress comfortably (tennis shoes, shorts, etc.) and wear your On Iowa! volunteer t-shirt.
- Wearing a name tag or office button is encouraged; name tags will also be provided at the volunteer locations.
- Please leave valuables at home (there is not a place to put purses, backpacks, etc.).
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout their shift.
- We encourage volunteers to wear sunscreen if you are working a shift during peak sun hours.
- Parking suggestions/maps will be provided at a later date.
- Once your volunteer shift is over, we ask that you exit the volunteer event.
- Additional volunteer training will be provided on-site at the volunteer events.
Check back soon for more specific details! This site will have the most current information for volunteers.