Thank you for your interest in volunteering during the 2015 On Iowa! program. Volunteers are an essential element in producing a successful program to welcome new students into our University community and family.
Ready to explore volunteer opportunities and register?
Volunteer registration is now closed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still interested.
Keep an eye on this page for volunteer updates.
After you sign up you will receive a confirmation email about your specific volunteer assignment. In August, volunteers will receive an additional e-mail to confirm their volunteer roles as well as some specific instructions (i.e., where to report, what to bring). In addition, if you don’t have a gold volunteer t-shirt from last year, you will learn about where to pick one up.
- We can accommodate only individuals who have been confirmed to volunteer. We will not be able to accommodate volunteer family members, minors and pets.
- Please dress comfortably (tennis shoes, shorts, etc.) and wear your On Iowa! volunteer t-shirt.
- Wearing a name tag or office button is encouraged; name tags will also be provided at the volunteer locations.
- Please leave valuables at home (there is not a place to put purses, backpacks, etc.).
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout their shift.
- We encourage volunteers to wear sunscreen if you are working a shift during peak sun hours.
- Parking suggestions/maps will be provided at a later date.
- Once your volunteer shift is over, we ask that you exit the volunteer event.
- Additional volunteer training will be provided on-site at the volunteer events.
Check back soon for more specific details! This site will have the most current information for volunteers.